We utilize the USPS for delivery of small orders to keep our costs down which in turn allows us to have lower shipping charges on our site. A little known fact about the post office:
The USPS assumes no liability or responsibilty if an uninsured package is damaged, lost, or improperly delivered.
With that said, we have only a couple packages per year that are actually lost. We have many more claims that end up being attempts at fraud by dishonest customers. It is our policy that any shipment showing as delivered by the carrier, is delivered. The only way to acquire compensation for lost or damaged shipments is to opt for the additional insurance. The fee is only a dollar or two depending upon the total value in your cart. We will reimburse customer claims if and when the insurance approves said claim.
- The Insured must file notice of non-delivery or damage with My Knife Store within thirty (30) days from the date of shipment for United States Post Office Shipments. There is a twenty-one (21) day waiting period before we may file a notice of non-delivery packages shipped domestic via the United States Post Office.
- No claims will be honored if filed after the 90 day expiration period.
- We must receive from you, our customer, a signed and dated statement, proof of damage if applicable and any additional documentation requested to substantiate loss.
- Arising out of loss from delivering the product to someone who obtains it by trick, false pretense, or other fraudulent schemes.
- Arising out of loss of market, latent defect, inherent vice, delay, loss of use, clean up costs, decay, changes in temperature or humidity, or other deterioration, any remote or consequential loss, whether or not arising out of a peril insured against.
- Arising out of infidelity, dishonesty, or any overt act on the part of the Insured, associate in interest, and/or any of the Insured's employees whether occurring during hours of employment or otherwise, nor on the part of custodians (common carriers excepted), or the property insured unless specifically endorsed hereon in writing.
- Against loss or damage caused by or resulting from: (a) hostile or warlike action in time of peace or war, including action hindering combating, or defending against an actual impending or expected attack; (1) by any government or sovereign power (de jure facto), or by any authority maintaining or using military, naval, or air forces; or (2) by military, naval, or air forces; (3) by an agent of any such government power, authority, or forces; (b) any weapon of war employing atomic fission or radioactive force whether in time of peace or war; (c) insurrection, rebellion, revolution, civil war, usurped power, or action taken by governmental authority in hindering, combating or defending against such an occurrence, seizure or destruction under quarantine or Customs regulations, confiscation by order of any government or public authority or risks of contraband or illegal transportation of trade.